Tuesday, March 31, 2009
i am a sucker for a hair piece and couldn't wait to get out of the store and admire it. look how pretty it looks just laying on the table.
or just hanging out on a hook in the kitchen...
after reading the instructions we were all very excited to put the hairdo. in. even this girl. she didn't know how sad she was until jessica simpson and ken paves came into her life.
she almost doesn't look like the same girl. which made me start wondering what kind of beauties we would turn into with a simple click of the 7 stay in place clips...
gorg. it was one of the most stylish mullets i have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.
calli loved the posibility of short hair. it was super fun to flip.
brooke felt like a new girl.
and i turned into rapunzel with curls. my dreams have been realized. my hair is getting dyed to match next week. then i will take it into the west texas wind.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
nothing says 7th grade like jumping on the trampoline. connar and i jumped our little hearts out today. jumping reminded me of some things i forgot like.....
i can make up an awesome tramp routine!
every time your feet leave the ground your toes should be pointed.
i am in desperate need of a full support bra!
it makes me want to gouge my eyes out, too.
here are some pics of our fun in the sun....
Friday, March 20, 2009
here are some pics from our quick trip...
Thursday, March 19, 2009
just knowing that summer is coming makes me feel like i can get all kinds of things done. which then leads to a lot of list making. making lists is one of my favorite things to do. the joy is in crossing things off. i make up things to do just so i can mark them off. i am currently compiling a list of things i want to do. not a bucket list, but more a list of conversation starters.
i'm stuck at 64 things.
- drive across America from coast to coast (preferably in an old rv with a u.s. map hand painted on the side)
- send a message in a bottle
- go to rio for carnival
- go on a trip with no destination (so much for spring break...)
- visit all 7 continents
- go to mardi gras
- be totally debt free
- visit new york at christmas
- be a good cook (this is a stretch)
- celebrate dia de los muertos in mexico
- read the top 100 books of all time
- run a marathon (a half will also suffice)
- walk on the great wall of china
- get a masters
- learn another language
- become a certified scuba diver
- have an adventure in all 50 states
- sing karaoke
- hike the inca trail to macchu picchu
- visit easter island
- take a pilgrimage...alone
- spend the day fishing
- ride the scariest roller coaster known to man
- drive on the autobahn
- get into shape
- create a family tree
- learn to ski
- become a champion for a cause
- start my own crafting business
- win a contest
- join a belly dance company
- walk across hot coals
- do something completely uncharacteristic and not feel bad about it (this may be the most difficult)
- tell people what they mean to me
- live outside the u.s.
- learn and recall really funny jokes
- get a massage
- sleep outside
- keep a plant alive for a full year
- learn a skill
- own a home
- invest in retirement
- give up diet coke (i think pigs will fly first)
- learn to drive a standard
- get organized
- get veneers
- be in a musical
- go to graceland
- meet dolly parton
- learn to like tea
- eat organic food on a regular basis
- learn to love veggies
- have an adventure and live to tell the story
- write a children's book
- do a rainforest canopy walk
- go to the texas motor speedway as white trash
- commit to a community
- learn sign language
- learn to like wine
- read the whole bible
- keep up with friends
- say no to someone
welcome back spring. i'm glad you're here!!!