Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weird Shirt Wednesday!!

My job, like everyone else's, is stressful.   That's where weird shirt Wednesday comes in.


I've decided to search out crazy things to wear on Wednesdays.  Some are from thrift stores, some are from garage sales, and some (I'm sad to say) are things I actually own.  Take this beauty for example, it's loud and proud and wills spring to come whether it wants to or not...


It puts a spring in my step...



 a song in my heart....


and sets my feet to dancing...


The fun didn't stop there.  I absolutely continued the wild and loud pattern to my feet.  These shoes scream David Bowie to me, and that could be their appeal.  Labyrinth was a defining movie of my childhood.

Apparently, I had forgotten that I had multiple meetings in real places when I got dressed today.  I started to get embarrassed because I generally don't like to draw attention to myself and this outfit was the equivalent of a flashing neon sign. 

I got more than a few crazy glances, but surprisingly I got a lot of compliments too.  That tells you two things...Lubbock is behind the times and four year olds love anything bright and glittery. 

 I'm hoping to start a trend.  Will you join me?

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog and was having kind of a rough day... this post made me literally chuckle out loud! Thanks for the smile!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete